NACEC CLG clg places the highest priority on the security of personal data and is committed to respecting your privacy. We take privacy, security and complying with data protection and privacy laws seriously.
We use your data to provide and improve our membership offering. We also provide regular email newsletters for you. At any time, you can easily unsubscribe from these updates by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our emails.
This page is intended to highlight our privacy policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We need to collect a certain amount of information about you and your organisation in order to optimise our membership offering to you.
While engaging with our services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information or personal data may include – but is not limited to – name, email address, contact details. This information is collected in various ways. This can happen automatically or when we have asked you to provide it, for example:
- We can collect information when you subscribe to membership services, newsletters, alerts or other services from us; contact us in any way or visit or browse our website
- We may also collect information about you from other companies, our business or joint-venture partners as well as our third-party suppliers or contractors
NACEC CLG clg will use this information to enable us to supply you with membership services and to assist us in improving our membership offering to you.
You have a number of rights under Data Protection Law, including the ability to access the information we hold about you and also to ask that we delete or correct information where necessary.
We may contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by unsubscribing or by contacting us directly at any time.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to support the provision of membership services on our behalf, to perform service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our services are used. These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may also collect information on how our service is used i.e. usage data. This data may include information such as IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics, deliver targeting messaging campaigns etc
Your information will be stored for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained, however, there are legal obligations for use to retain certain information for a specified period (e.g. invoices are retained for revenue reasons).
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Sharing your Information
Your data will be protected in line with Irish legislation. We may share your information with other companies who are acting on our behalf to provide a service to you. In that instance, contractual agreements will be put in place to ensure the required level of protection.
If you are located outside Ireland and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal data, to Ireland and process it there.
Links to Third-party Sites
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
1. The right to access, update, delete the information held by NACEC CLG on you or your organisation
2. The right of rectification if the information held by NACEC CLG is inaccurate or incompletion
3. The right to object to our processing of your personal data
4. The right of to request that NACEC CLG restricts the processing of your personal information
5. The right to to be provided with a copy of the information we hold on you
6. The right to withdraw consent to NACEC CLG clg process your personal information
7. You have the right to complain to your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).